Welcome to Maoist Orange Cake. Each week one of our Divas posts a thoughtful (but not necessarily serious) essay on whatever calls forth her Voice or strikes her Fancy. We invite you to join us wherever the discussion leads.
Motto of the MOC: Sincere, yes. Serious? Never!

"I would also like to add that ‘Maoist Orange Cake is possibly the best name for a blog ever. Just my twopence." -- The Sixth Carnival of Radical Feminists, 1 October 2007


The Twelfth Carnival of Radical Feminists is up at The Burning Times blog and mentions one of our posts, Helen 'Wheels' Keller, for recommendation. Orangeists spreading our zest!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Belated Birthday Wish For Our Little Gator



"Next year, on the twentieth of May,

I proclaim Little Alligator Day!"

Or at least, that's what I'll have to do, after missing our lil' gator's birthday?

For those of you who don't know of her, let me fill you in---she's married (to Mr. Gator, of course). She's been known to carry a stuffed alligator wearing a leather jacket (what he was doing in a leather jacket, I'll never know). She's an accomplished woodswoman, known to turn the tallest of trees into toothpick material, armed with only a miniature chainsaw. She's an accomplished verser and limerick-writer. She creates original fabric critters complete with biographies and screenplay credits of their own. She's distantly related to a rather infamous fellow, and although she herself is an upright, law-abiding citizen, she's been known to wander the local forests carrying the aforementioned chainsaw and wearing a full facemask.

Which of course means she fits right in with the rest of us.

4 comments:

Maggie Jochild said...

I love how gators are making a comeback -- they're now back in Austin's rivers. (Yikes.) I also love how protective mama gators are to their babies, often looking after them for a year if the young-uns stay in the area. My second favorite gator of all time was the fictional giant in that hilarious thriller Lake Placid who was fed staked-out cows by a foul-mouthed Betty Young. My absolute favorite, of course, is Little Gator. I'm glad you hatched, LG. May you lurk forever.

shadocat said...

I'm sorry I missed your b-day before, gator---does this help?

little gator said...

*blush* *giggle*

What a lovely trbute-thank you!

does anyone else knwo a song metionaing their birthday?

Anonymous said...

Happy belated, little gator! I was away from my computer for awhile and missed your day.

I'm so jealous that you have that infamous relative. What a great card to be able to pull out in an argument - as in, "DON'T piss me OFF! You don't KNOW what I'm capable of!!" And then do like an eye twitch or something.

Anyway, I hope your day was wonderful, and I too am quite glad that you're here.