We're at that part of the holiday season where I begin to think Scrooge had a point---I mean Scrooge before his conversion. I feel like George Bailey when he knocked all the stuff off the table. Or the Grinch, when those damn Whos wouldn't shut up.
The Holidays can be wonderful, but aren't there times you just want to close the drapes and wish it was over?
So I thought I'd get this off my chest, and maybe the rest of the divas could too!
What is it that bugs you the most about the holiday season?
Here's my list:
1. Oprah's Favorite Things Show--I don't find it entertaining to watch middle-class people getting free presents. And the screaming! Now of course, all the shows are hopping on the bandwagon; I saw something similar on "Ellen" today.
2. Ice Storms--Now the ice storms we used to get in March come in December. Great.
3. Christmas Carols--I love the classics; it's the contemporary songs I'm talking about. Where are the new ones? Every year it's the same old stuff, over and over and over. I mean I loved "The Little Drummer Boy" as a kid, but if I hear it one more time, I'm gonnna hurl. And what about Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah? Can we sing about those holidays for a change?
4. The "War" On Christmas--I mean really, people. Come on, now!
5. Green Bean Casserole--This may sound weird for someone who cooks all the time with mushroom soup to say, but I really don't like it all that much. Can't we come up with a new, quick and easy vegetable dish to bring to the potluck?
Well, those are my issues.
What say you, my divas?